9/11/01......I got a call from my sister Merry in California that morning asking me if I had heard about the airplane flying into the World Trade Center. I turned on the TV just moments before the second plane hit the other tower. *JUST SHOCKED* I watched the horror and confusion unfold on the TV for the next several hours while holding my precious 1 year old baby girl. Later in the day we put American flag stickers on our shirts and went over to be with my parents. My dad served in the Air force all my young life and I asked to take some pictures of Kennedy and my Dad out on their porch where they proudly displayed an American flag. That day still seems a little like a bad dream to me.
I am determined to make new memories to go with the old on 9-11. I will never forget the lessons learned that day, the innocent people and the heroes that came forward and lost their lives, and the best military in the world who responded shortly after. I want my children to realize that the freedoms they enjoy have been defended by the blood of many selfless people, and that freedom will always come at a precious price. I want them to be grateful. I also want them to know how lucky they are to be able to spend this day of remembrance with their family, surrounded by love. We hung an American flag in front of our house and then went to the park for a family picnic after church. I have so many things to be grateful for today.



2 comments:
Thanks for reminding me to.
I remember that day very well. I was still in Provo at the time. I was really confused why you hadn't called to tell me about it. Something I will always remember.
Post a Comment