Sep 28, 2011

9/28/11 - Paint Nightmares

We started painting our house on Monday and didn't finish until Wednesday afternoon.  I HATE PAINTING!  I wish I could just let myself hire someone for this kind of torture, but I can't bring myself to pay someone thousands of dollars to do what I can do for a couple hundred....that's just the way I was raised I suppose.  Even the 25 ft. ceilings were not enough of a deterrent to bring in professionals.  Getting up on the scaffolding was the scary part, but more horrifying then that was trying to keep our kids off this death trap.  After 3 years of procrastination, I'm glad it's done.  I still have to paint the accent wall (area with the shelves in the lower picture) a brownish-red color, but that will be easy (it's only 10 ft. tall and 18 ft. wide) given what we've been through so far.  Andrew did some painting as well.  Some of the red paint he was using ended up on the living room carpet....oh well.  :)

2 comments:

Ang said...

I do not like painting either, but I agree with not wanting to pay someone. We desperately need to paint but we've been trying to get away with just touching up for too long. Maybe next summer! I bet it feels good to get that done - can't believe how high your ceilings are!!

Hillary Laurence said...

Holy cow! What a project. I can hardly believe you got that thing in there.