Sep 7, 2011

9/7/11 - SPIDERS!?! Really?

Oh Man!  What am I going to do with this little boy?  I love the frogs, I can handle the lizards, but I must draw the line at GIANT spiders!!!  Drew was outside playing while Nick was mowing the lawn.  I helped him catch a couple of frogs to play with while he was out there.  This is the present he brought into the house to show me....YUCK!  Nick helped him catch this giant spider and put it in this box.  I can handle him watching spider videos on YouTube, but there will be NO pet spiders in this house!  Heaven help me :)

7 comments:

Ang said...

Ok, I would be freaked out just knowing there are spiders like that lingering outside. I've heard everything in Texas is big - but that's ridiculous!!!

Holly said...

Angela, Nick killed one in our garage last year that was twice this size and we also killed a nest of black widows under one of the windows on our front porch. also, I got a spider bite in the middle of the night a few months ago that I had an allergic reaction to. I hate spiders! The bugs down here, deep in the heart of Texas, sure are big. I do love Texas though....Texas pride is very contagious :)

Callie said...

So glad that we don't have them that big... My Preston and your Drew are too alike... PURE BOY!!!

Hillary Laurence said...

I can hardly handle even looking at your picture. Maybe we'll rethink Texas ;)

Britty Jensen said...

LOL...LOL... I can't believe how big that bugger is! and how cute Drew is!!! Boys are so curious, its a different world to me.
It makes me laugh that my Parker wants to touch insects and bugs but at night, I have to tell him that Dragons doen't exist and that he is safe because we locked all the doors and windows in the house. How can they be so fearless (with there gross absetions) and so adorable all at once?

Oh and Hillary if I ever go to TX with you I am not killing something that big I will be running and screaming with you.

Merry said...

Nice! Gross! I am shivering just looking at it!

sherbear said...

But Mom their cool. LOL I don't blame ya. God bless lil boys. :)