Kennedy missed her girl's camp pre-certification activity because of a swim meet. so, as a family, we went up to lake Conroe to teach her how to build and start a fire, cook a few items over the fire, and talk about how to store food while camping.
We have never been to Lake Conroe even though it is only 45 minutes away and we have lived in Houston for 9 years now. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL!! I felt like I was in the mountains in Utah. I can't believe we have never been here until now. I can't wait to do some camping trips this fall and winter when the humidity calms down - I'm so excited!! Anyway.....
I taught Kennedy a couple ways to build the fire and then we lit it up. She got it started very easily.....and then it started to rain......hard. I went to sit in the car for 20 minutes to wait it out, but it just kept raining. Everyone else was having a great time in the rain and the fire never went out so I decided to get out of the car and get everyone roasting their hot dogs. Later on we did Smores in the rain as well. Of course, it stopped raining when we put the food away and put the fire out.
After lunch we went over to play at the Lake for awhile. It was so beautiful.
The Lake was so fun. The kids had a great time getting wet and collecting sea shells. I can't wait to do a camping trip around Thanksgiving!!!!!
The Lake was so fun. The kids had a great time getting wet and collecting sea shells. I can't wait to do a camping trip around Thanksgiving!!!!!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment