Jun 7, 2013

6/7/13 - Goodbye Party & Moving In

 After the moving truck took our stuff away we had planned a big going away party for Kennedy and her girlfriends.  We spent the day at a movie and the mall and then I get the girls there own hotel room (joined by a door to my hotel room) so they could stay up all night and have a good time.  They swam in the hotel pool, played in the splash park, hung out at the outside fireplace lounge and bought food at the restaurant.  I think they had a blast.  In the morning I had to take them all home and we had to say goodbye to them and their parents.  EVERYONE WAS CRYING.  All the girls were sobbing, I was a crying mess and almost all the other parents cried too.  It was so hard.  Kennedy cried on and off for the rest of the day.
Then it was off to the airport to catch a plane to out new home state.  Ready or not PA......here we come.
We spent a few days in a hotel before the moving company brought our things.  The kids were running around the tiny little empty townhouse we were renting.  Kennedy kept the boys busy by chasing them around and wrestling with them (she's such a great big sister) and I got to work on the nightmare of unpacking.  

No comments: