Jul 30, 2011

7/30/11 - Lost and Found












On the right is a pic of the signs and fliers we put up on mailboxes, light posts, and sign posts. We also taped a copy on 120 houses. A lady named Maxine in our neighborhood called after getting our flier to tell us the icecream man found our dog, and she thought he would probably come back to the neighborhood. So, I put up the sign on the left for the icecream man to see and also taped another 50 fliers on the doors of the main street that the icecream man drives down.
People started calling in tips throughout the week about the icecream man. We found out that there was more than one icecream truck driving around as well. The neighbors were great. We finally met the right icecream man 6 days after our dog went missing. He said he would bring our dog back to us the next day. After a full 7 days after our dog disappeared, she was returned to us!


We went over to Maxine's house to thank her for her help and then put up this sign to let all the neighbors know that they no longer had to help us hunt down the icecream man and to thank everyone for their hepl! We learned a lot from this experience. The Lord answers prayers. Children (Kennedy) have unending faith and hope in their Heavenly Father and they have not yet let the world turn them a bit synical. People are generally good and want to help others and do the right thing. I would do anything and go to any length to keep the people (and our dog) safe and loved. I learned to appreciate what I have a little more and enjoy the quiet moments....there are so few of them :)

2 comments:

Merry said...

I'm so glad you got sweet Chloe back! That's so sad she got lost.

Hillary Laurence said...

Wow! I'm impressed with all of the signs you made! Sounds fun...and looks like a lot of work. I'm sure she is worth it though! What a fun story for the kids to remember!