Dec 24, 2011

12/24/11 - Our Christmas Day

This was what our living room looked like after Santa got done working his magic.  Our Christmas Day came a day early because of Nick's work schedule.  We had to wake the kids up at 5:30 am to open their gifts because Nick had to leave for work at 7:30 am.
I love watching people open gifts, especially my kids.  We get our children way too much because it is such a joy to see there faces light up when opening a present - it's like a drug to me.

Grandma Sue showed up at about 6:15 am.  It was fun to see her open the gift we got her, a Nook color.  We try to get her something special for Christmas each year.  She has been such a blessing to our children, being the only relative they see on a regular basis.  She is such a wonderful Grandma to them and we are so appreciative of her love and all she does for all of us.
Shortly after opening the gifts, Nick had to leave for work.  It was really sad.  He is usually the one who puts all the kids toys together and plays with every one of them when he's done.  I had to do that this year and it just wasn't the same. 

 Because this blog is also a family journal, I want to list a few things that each of the kids got for Christmas.  They might find this information very nostalgic when they are older.
Kennedy:
4th Generation ipod Touch (we didn't think she was old enough for the iphone she wanted)
32 inch flat screen HDTV
All kinds of Twilight, Breaking Dawn Memorabilia
MissMe Jeans and other clothing
Crayon Maker and Mini Panda Pillow Pet

Carter:
Disco Light Karaoke Machine
Hot Wheels Race Track
Parking Garage
Justin Bieber DVD
All kinds of Art Stuff and Paint Brushes

Andrew:
Wooden Fire Station
Fisher Price Zoo
GeoTrax Train Set
Cash Register
Play Dough and Art Stuff

I realized today that I only have a few more of these magical Christmases until my kids are grown.  Until that sad day comes....I wouldn't change anything about the way we celebrate this special day. 

Kennedy seemed a little sad this year.  She told me that she really wished their was a real magical Santa.  I took that opportunity to tell her that the spirit of Santa is ABSOLUTELY REAL!  It is the spirit of our SAVIOR.  The gift Christ has given to us is for everyone in the world.  The chance for eternal life together was made real on the night he was born and that gift is a magic unequaled by any!  We both started crying and I was so grateful to share that moment with her.

Happy Birthday Jesus and Merry Christmas to everyone!

1 comment:

Merry said...

Looks so fun! Sad Nick had to go so fast. I'm glad you and Kennedy have each other. Your so good at helping your children understand that it's the feeling of the Spirit of love that makes Christmas magical. Merry Christmas!