I was so excited to remove the IV block on Monday morning and finally take a shower after 5 days. However, I knew that the wire tubing from the IV had been inserted about 5 inches into my neck and I knew it was going to be gross and weird to take out. Nick was my nurse and did an excellent job of pulling out the wire and removing the tape. I was so happy to finally get a shower but I was also worried about taking my arm out of the sling for the first time. It was probably a good thing my entire arm and shoulder were still completely numb because I didn't feel much pain.....just discomfort. It is very hard to do everything with one hand! Some thing's I just can't do without help. It took forever, but I finally got clean and refreshed and back into the sling.
My husband Nick has been the best nurse and he's done a great job taking care of the kids and house during this time. He is incredible and I really want to thank him for all he is doing for me :)

No comments:
Post a Comment