Mar 29, 2012

3-29-12 - Callie To The Rescue!

Callie and Baby Morgan flew in on Thursday to help me out while Nick returned to work.  We went to a nice dinner at Gringo's and had some good conversation before going to bed that night.  I was 2 weeks post surgery at this point and still unable to move my arm much at all.
When I got up to help get the kids off to school the next morning, I had to go back to bed immediately!  I felt so nauseated.  I didn't know if it was the medicine I was taking or what, but a few hours later I was sure it was the flu or a stomach virus.  I couldn't even sit up.  I had to lay around with a bucket up to my face all day long.  I wasn't even able to tell Callie what to do with the kids or anything.  I was also unable to take the pain medication for my shoulder because of my stomach so that added a whole new set of problems....I was in a world of pain!
Callie didn't need much direction.  She took care of the kids, the house, her baby, and me.  I don't know what I would have done without her....honestly!  She was amazing!  I felt sick almost the entire week she was in Texas.  However, by the next morning I felt good enough to come out of my tomb and sit in the living room - which is pretty much where I stayed the rest of the week.

1 comment:

Callie said...

Thanks Holly... I was SOOOO glad I decided to come the 29th and not the 30th. It would have been a long walk from the airport. "p