Aug 7, 2011

8/7/11 - I Love Music

I woke up this morning in a good mood. I went on a lovely and quiet date with my husband last night and it put me in the right frame of mind to get up and face SUNDAY. I put some beautiful church music on and I instantly feel transported inside to a magical place. Music inspires me to be a better mom and to try harder where I fall short. Nothing can change your mood quite like music.

I also love to play the piano. I am not as good as I would like to be. I have come a long way over the years, but I still can't just sit and play anything I want. I like to pick a difficult piece and practice it a lot so I can play it well. It's like putting a puzzle together for me (which is another one of my favorite activities). I try to play through the Hymn book and the Children's Songbook on Sundays to invite the spirit into our home. I hope my children remember me doing this when they grow up. I remember waking up to, and going to sleep to my own mother playing the piano....I loved it!

No comments: