This is Carter's 2012 Pinewood Derby Car. He and Nick (and I designed the sticker for the top) made this fun Super Bowl 46 football car. With the Super Bowl just a little more then a week away, it seemed the perfect theme.
The electronic track wasn't working, so there was a bit of a delay in getting started. While I was checking in the cars and making award certificates, Carter and Andrew were found running around in the parking lot. Of course. If I ever try to accomplish anything, my boys love to cause trouble. Nonetheless, the event was a success, the kids had a great time and Carter had a blast. Carter didn't have the "fastest" car, but he had no concept of "winning" either, he was just thrilled to watch his car go down the track!
Carter did get an award for the "Most Creative Car." Nick and I made an extra plaque/car holder for Carter to store his Pinewood Derby car. He had such a fun day!



No comments:
Post a Comment