Jan 3, 2012

1/3/12 - Flowers From Drew

Today Andrew brought me a flower he picked in our grass.  He said, "Beautiful flower and beautiful Mommy," and then put it in the palm of my hand.  I carried it around for awhile and then set it on the counter.  When Andrew noticed I wasn't carrying it around, he asked where it was.  When I showed him he said, "You squished it, Mom!"  Then he went outside and picked two more, put them in my hand and said, "Don't squish them, Mommy."  So I didn't :)
      
This reminded me of something my Dad did to me growing up and still does at every chance he gets.  Many times my Dad will disappear and then show up again with a flower in his hand, mostly small roses from the rose bushes in our yard.  He will place the rose in my hair with a big smile on his face.  He does this with all five of his daughters.  When I was young, he did not express his feelings verbally very often,  he is a man of few words (unless you do something wrong. lol).  However, through that small act I have FELT and continue to FEEL his great love for me.

No comments: