Day 5:
In 2002 our two families and Grandma Sue went on a hike together when Corinne and I were both pregnant with Lexi and Carter. We decided to go back to Donut Falls and hike it together again.
The hike and mountains were beautiful and all the kids did really well on the hike.....except for Carter. He does not like to hike. He pulled his usual tricks and sat down quite a few times along the way. We had to do a lot of things to "encourage him" up the mountain. Corinne helped a lot too because my shoulder was still very soar and I was unable to drag him up :)
When we reached the waterfall some of the more adventurous people hiked further up to see the top of the waterfall. On her way back down, Kennedy slid down the mountain a bit and almost went right over the edge into the waterfall (I'm glad I didn't see that happen). Then, when we reached the parking lot on our hike down, we realized we were missing a 9 year old girl, Lexi. It was a scary few minutes with some tears shed in the end (mostly me - the cry baby, and Lexi) but she was found and was well.
We spent our last night at the cabin playing games together.


No comments:
Post a Comment