Jul 22, 2012

7/22/12 - Day 26: Grandpa John & Grandma Cindy

The nights leading up to this Sunday morning were rough for Andrew.  He was waking up crying, coughing, kicking me, and complaining that his throat hurt.  So, Sunday morning when he had a little fever I decided I was going to try to go home early before he got too much worse and before I got sick and couldn't make the drive.  I also didn't want to get Merry's family sick.  So, we packed up and began our drive out of the valley.  I had to text a few people to let them know we would not make it to their houses or to the special 24th breakfast Nick's family has in the canyon every year.  I was very sad to leave because we were all having such a great time.  However, being sick on vacation isn't fun for anyone, so off we went.
Before leaving the valley, I got a text saying that Nick's Dad from Arizona was in Salt Lake and not happy that he wouldn't get to see the kids (we had no idea he was going to be in Salt Lake).  I decided to make a quick stop in Sugarhouse for the kids to see Grandpa John and Grandma Cindy before we left.  I was glad we did.  The kids loved Grandpa John and he held Andrew a lot even though I warned him he would probably get sick too.  Cody and Corinne insisted that we take him to their house and not travel while he was feeling sick and assured me they did not care if all of them got sick as well.  I decided to take them up on their generosity because I was also starting not to feel to well.

No comments: